About the department
The department was established in the year 2003. Mathematics is the study of Quantity, Structures and shape. The main subjects covered under this degree are Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Differential Equations, Laplace Transformations and Discrete Mathematics etc.
Math majors can choose from one of the three tracks
- The general Mathematics track develops a broad understanding of all Mathematical Sciences. It is useful for students who want to become graduates in pure Mathematics. The applied Mathematics track helps students to develop an individualized curriculum in Mathematics
- The statistics track provides a background in both theory and practice with data analysis.
- The department conducts various programmes, which enhances the capability in their academic excellence like mathematical brain-teasers, puzzles, solving math fest and guest lecturers to develop the mathematical intelligence. Splendid coaching is provided to the students, through bridge courses which create mathematical curiosity by using inductive and deductive reasoning when problem solving.
- The department trains on “Analytical Skill” for the final year students of various departments to enrich their ability to face the interview with confidence and in using mathematical analysis both in college and real life situations.
- Graduates from this department can choose their career in Software, Insurance, Market Research, Banking Sector, Government sector and Educational Institutions.