About the department
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2007. The vision of the department is to impart upgraded and technical knowledge to aspirant graduates. The department wants to impart the standard education to all the students on the basis of a smart learning experience
Varied Workshops, Seminars and Certificate courses on latest technical trends are conducted for the benefit of the students. It helps them to acquire an insight into the broad spectrum of technically specialized areas, software management techniques and soft computing techniques.
The department has produced hundreds of professionals. They have consistently excelled in the highly competitive industrial environment. It has the winning combination of a dedicated faculty who work hard at imparting quality education. A well planned training is provided to the students to develop their academic intelligence.
INNOBITS- is a popular students Association formed to bring out the inherent excellence not only in academics but also in the competitive world of technology. Certificate courses are offered such as Net Programming, Software testing, Web Designing, C Programming, Mat Lab Tool etc.
M.Sc., Information Technology
M.Sc. Information Technology is a two year full-time programme approved by the Bharathiar University that follows a semester pattern of four semesters – three semesters of course work and one semester of project work. The objective of this programme is to provide students with an in-depth knowledge in the key areas of computer science.
The objective of the program is to develop young and versatile personalities. It organizes various activities like Seminars, Guest lectures and intercollegiate competitions.
An undergraduate degree course of Bharathiar University or an equivalent examination shall be eligible to join the first year of PG Degree courses in this University.
Scope of Employment
- As Developers and Specialists in high-end services and IT-product companies
- As Computing Specialists in Research Labs and Technology Providers
- As system analysts and database administrators in IT enabled service sector.
- As programmers and software consultants.
The Student association “INNOBITS” is formed to bring out inbuilt excellence not only in academics but also provides the exposure in the world full of competitions
- The Department conducts many workshops, seminars and certificate courses for enriching the students on latest technical trends.
- The Department believes that the approach of teaching-learning process, coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial exposure training in reputed organizations, equips students to handle the challenges posed by the software industry.
- The Department has produced hundreds of professionals. They have consistently excelled in the highly competitive industrial environment.
- The Department has a winning combination of a dedicated faculty, a well-planned curriculum and our students who are highly receptive in learning.