About the department
The Department of Computer Science was established in the year 1999. Since its inception, the Computer Science Department has been active in teaching and research supported by a dedicated team of faculty members, specialized in assorted areas.
The vision of the department is to impart upgraded technical knowledge to aspirant graduates. The department aims at providing technical expertise with human values by involving them in social activities. The Department provides an enriched knowledge along with the structured curriculum designed with the inputs of industry, alumni, subject experts and students. It deepens the intellectual view towards computer science with brainstorming technology to guide students to meet the industrial needs.
The Computer Science Department’s student Association “SYSPARADISE” brings out the inbuilt excellence not only in academics but also in encouraging students to face the competitive world. Students are encouraged to organize and participate in various Inter – Collegiate Meets, National and International Seminars, Conferences and Workshops based on the emerging technologies.
Certificate courses like .Net Programming, Software Testing, R Programming, Oracle – SQL Databases and Cloud Computing are organized for the students to transform them into professionals in accordance with the prevailing IT and academic requirements.
M.Sc., Computer Science
M.Sc Computer Science is a two year full-time programme approved by the Bharathiar University that follows a semester pattern of four semesters – three semesters of course work and one semester of project work.
The objective of this program is to provide students with an in-depth knowledge in the key areas of computer science and to impart knowledge to them in emerging technology of the IT world.
The program enables the students to develop software solutions to real world enterprises and facilitate them to be outstanding professionals in the field.
An undergraduate degree course of Bharathiar University or an equivalent examination shall be eligible to join the first year of the PG Degree courses.
Scope of Employment
- A plethora of opportunities exists in Application development, software testing and maintenance
- As Developers and Specialists in high-end services and IT-product companies
- As Computing Specialists in Research Labs and Technology Providers
- As system analysts and database administrators in IT enabled service sector.
- As programmers and software consultants.
The Student association “SYSPARADISE” brings out the inherent excellence not only in academics but also in their exposure to a world full of competition. The department organizes intercollegiate and inter-departmental meets every year.
- Students are encouraged to organize and participate in various Inter-Collegiate Meet, National and International Seminars, Conferences and Workshops based on the emerging technology.
- Students are provided with an impetus to the importance of a curriculum beyond classroom learning and thereby provide them an opportunity to keep updated with the latest and socially relevant technologies.
- A Placement Record with multiple offers across the world in various MNCs and research organization is established.
- A Curriculum development and periodic revision are done in consultation with academic and industry experts
- Regular Alumni interaction to motivate the current batch of students.